Sunday, May 19, 2013

Family Visit

I have not yet mentioned that my sister and her family came to visit me a couple of weeks ago.  It was the first time I had seen them since my wedding, so I was really excited to have them come.  I had been highly anticipating their visit for weeks, yet they still managed to surprise me by showing up on my doorstep a day earlier than I expected. Everyone (Keith, the neighbors, my other family members) were all in on the secret, and surprisingly no one spilled the beans.  Imagine my shock when I opened the door to see my nieces and nephews instead of the UPS man!!

Unfortunately, I didn't take many pictures, but we sure had a wonderful time together.  Jennie's older three kids camped out on our living room floor, while she with Nick and the youngest slept at the neighbors' (we have great neighbors).  We ate meals around our tiny kitchen table, played games on our even tinier end table, and were generally squished, melted, and happy together in our small and hot apartment.

Their visit did fall a couple weeks shy of the official opening of summer (and most activities) in Edmonton, but we still managed to have fun.  We walked across the High Level Bridge, visited the farmers' market, enjoyed the Muttart Conservatory, walked around the West Edmonton Mall, played glow-in-the-dark miniature golf and 5-pin bowling, and just had fun.  It was great!

I love my family!!

P.S.:  We know have two blowup mattresses that fit snugly in our living room.  We LOVE visitors (hint, hint).







No comments: