Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November

I love November.  I think it is my favorite month.  November has rainy days and sunny days and birthdays and shopping days and holidays and it is just a beautiful time of year.

And I love, love, love, love Thanksgiving.  It is my favorite day of the year.  I'm not sure what exactly it is about Thanksgiving that I love--maybe it is the pumpkin pie, or the stuffing, or the cranberry sauce--but I think it is my favorite mostly because it is a day to be thankful and reflective, a day to count your blessings, and a day to be with family and those you love.

Yet, life happens and things happen, and some of these beautiful November days might turn into frayed and ragged nights.  Dark and cold nights where it is difficult to keep vigil and it is hard to be grateful or see the goodness of God.  But the night does not last forever.  It ends and the morning comes.  The sun rises, and although it may be obscured by a cloudy sky, it is still there and it is still warm. 

That is the promise that November holds.  That all things will be made right.  And even though the trees may be without leaves, and even though there may be snow on the ground, it isn't winter yet.    

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

November is my favorite month as well! For all those reasons and oh so many more...! :)

Jennie said...

We are sure blessed to know that life goes on, that it doesn't end here. My heart aches for Keith and his family, but at the same time I am so happy for them that they know this is a great beginning for Dean. Love you lots! Know that I care for you and Keith and his family.

Whitney L. said...

Jill, that was a beautiful post and just what I needed to hear this morning.
Thanks!